Toilets for events or construction sites
Call 0800 731 0589
Tardis Portable Toilet Hire
Tardis Environmental UK was incorporated in 1991 and is now a established as one of the fastest growing environmental companies in the country.
Click Here to download a brochure - Portable Toilet Hire
With our vast experience we'll ensure that you have the right number of portable toilets for your event or construction site in relation to the amount of people who'll need the facilities.
We offer a complete event sanitation service, from portable toilet hire, water bowsers and waste tank hire.
We service and empty the toilet units as required making sure they are in prime working condition for your guests. When you hire portable toilets from Tardis you receive the complete event hire service.
Portable toilet hire
- Tardis Cold Wash Portable Toilet
- Tardis Integrated Hot Wash (HSE Compliant)
- Tardis Disabled Toilet
- Tardis Mains Connection
- Tardis Event Toilet
We have a range of portable toilets to suit all your sanitation needs Our units are ideal for
- large events and festivals
- Parties and weddings
- construction sites
- office workers
- taxi ranks
- short and long term portable toilet hire
- and much more
If you would like to speak to one of our advisors call 0800 731 0589 or Send us an E-mail
In the UK construction industry a common nickname for a portable toilet is a "Tardis" which is where our name for them originates from.
Portable toilets from depot to customer
When you place an order with Tardis Portable toilet hire, we will firstly collect the portable toilet from our nearest depot to your location, load onto one of our vehicles ready to deliver as required.
We deliver the portable toilet or toilets to the location you require whether it's a construction site, domestic address or event location.
Spec sheets for the range of toilets?
Download any one of these PDFs for the style and specifications of our portable toilets /portable showers
All thumbnails are clickable to open the specification sheet
Tardis service van-truck spec sheets
Click to view / download
All our portable toilets, urinals and showers have their own waste tank incorporated which will be serviced once a week. Additionally, you can order one of our toilet block tanks, which will sit underneath 6 or more portable toilets and collect all the wet waste. Depending of the size of the tank this will be done by a service truck or one of our Septic tankers
Spec sheets (thumbnails appear above), provide dimensions and relevant details of each unit.
In addition to construction portable toilets that can feature cold wash, hot wash and portable showers. We also provide event portable toilets which are ideal for weddings, parties and festivals.
An event portable toilet is made from stronger material to be able to withstand the increased wear and tear from higher volume use.
When hiring an event toilet we would also recommend you consider one of our 4 to 6 bay urinals "for the lads" as this will help keep your loo queues to a minimum.
Take a look at our recent client page to see
just a few of the festivals we've catered for.
Our event portable toilets returning from a successful festival.
Health and Safety law from HSE (Health & Safety Executive) Some directives to help you plan
What must you provide:
- Washbasins with hot and cold running water
- Soap and towels
- Sinks that are large enough to wash face, hands and forearms
- Somewhere to change that is dry and able to store clothing
- Drinking water and cups if needed
- Rest area to sit, make hot drinks and eat food
- Welfare and portable toilets must be well ventilated with lighting if necessary
As an employer / provider you should be following the 1992 Health, Safety and welfare regulations.
Here are a few key points an employer / host should be providing.
- Enough toilets and wash basins for those expected to use them. No one should be queueing for long periods to go to the toilet.
- Where and if possible you should be offering separate facilities for men and women. If this is not possible then you should offer facilities with lockable doors.
- Supply of toilet paper and for females a means of disposing of sanitary dressings.
- Facilities should be well lit and ventilated.
- Hot and cold running water to be able to wash.
- Soap or any other washing agents.
- Basin should be large enough to wash hands, face and forearm
- A means to dry hands.
- Showers if work is dirty.
- Chemical toilets must also be easy to access
You must also provide toilets and washing facilities for people with disabilities
How many facilities will I need to provide?
The tables below offer guidance as to many toilets an employer will need to provide for both male and female employees.
Table 1: Is the number of portable toilet and washbasins for mixed use.
|Number of people at work||Number of toilets||Number of washbasins|
Table 2: Is the number of Portable toilet and urinals (Men Only)
|Number of men at work||Number of toilets||Number of urinals|
For more information about the Health and safety regulations visit the HSE website for more details