Download a PDF Copy of our Waste Carriers License
Click on certificate to download a PDF Copy
Tardis Health and Safety what do all the logos mean?
Here at Tardis Environmental we like to provide a wealth of information for the benefit of our clients. Therefore, almost every page of our website, there will be useful information for you to read and download.
If there is anything you would like us to clarify, give us a call and we will provide you with the information you need.
What do all these logos mean ?
When you visit our website you will see at the bottom of the pages there are ISO logos as well as our newly achieved FORS certification. Our safe contractor logo and CSCS logos too. Here's a brief explanation as to what part they play in a modern working environment.
What is a ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is a accredited certification and has been around since 1987, formerly known as BS5750.
This accreditation overseen by the International Standards Organisation (ISO) ensures we provide conforming products and services to an internationally agreed standard. The accredited certification process provides confidence that the organisation has a quality management system that conforms to the applicable requirements of ISO 9001. This includes :
- An established quality management system that is suitable for its products and processes, and appropriate for its certification scope.
- We analyse and understands customer needs and expectations, as well as the relevant statutory and regulatory requirements related to our products and services.
- Assurance that product characteristics have been specified in order to meet customer and statutory/regulatory requirements.
- We have determined and are managing the processes needed to achieve the expected outcomes (conforming products and enhanced customer satisfaction).
- We have ensured the availability of resources necessary to support the operation and monitoring of these processes.
- We monitor and control the defined product characteristics.
- We aim to prevent nonconformities, and have systematic improvement processes in place to:
- Correct any nonconformities that do occur (including product nonconformities that are detected after delivery)
- Analyse the cause of nonconformities and take corrective action to avoid their recurrence
- Address customer complaints
- We have implemented an effective internal audit and management review process.
- WE monitor, measure and continually improve the effectiveness of our quality management system.
So what is ISO 14001 accredited certification?
ISO 14001 is an International Environmental Management Standard. It specifies the requirements for organisations to implement and operate an effective Environmental Management System (EMS). By meeting the requirements of the ISO 14001 Standard, we are able to identify and control any aspects of our organisation which may have an effect on the environment. These activities can include, but are not limited to, the use of natural resources, energy
consumption and the management of waste.
Why does Tardis Need ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 Certification is a cost-effective way for us to demonstrate to our customers that the environment matters and are of paramount importance to our organisation and that we have environmentally friendly practices in place.
With governments, regulators, clients and many other sources applying greater pressure on organisations to reduce their environmental footprint, implementing ISO 14001 could not be more beneficial. It will not only identify ways to save on energy, waste and water resulting in significant savings, it can help us to organise and identify applicable current legislation.
What is OHSAS 18001
OHSAS 18001 is an Occupational Health and Safety Management Standard. It specifies the requirements for us as an organisation to consistently identify and control the management of Health and Safety risks in order to operate and maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
What is the Safe Contractor Scheme?
The Safe Contractor Scheme is designed to review and audit the health and safety policies, procedures and documentation of contractors.
They overseeing body send qualified auditors take into consideration our profession, industry sector and business size, providing tailored safety audits that help us to identify whether there is suitable and sufficient health and safety compliance within our business.
What is CSCS?
Construction Skills Certification Scheme - This Scheme keeps a database of those working in construction that achieve, or can demonstrate they have already attained an agreed level of occupational competence. Successful applicants are issued with a card giving them a means of identification and proof of their achievements. Cards are increasingly demanded as evidence of occupational competence by contractors, public and private clients and others, and today there are over 1.7 million cards in circulation.
We are pleased to announce we are now registered with Constructionline, the UK's leading procurement and supply chain management service for the construction industry.
Constructionline uses a BSI developed pre-qualification system for companies wishing to be featured, to reduce the possibility of duplication within the industry at the same time, streamlining procurement procedures and improving the supply chain.
Suppliers to the construction industry no longer have to duplicate standard company information for every construction tender put forward.
The service provides access to over 24,000 suppliers for construction contracts and is common sense solution for more than 8000 buyers already using the facility.
All suppliers on the Constructionline database are assessed to government standards and maintain relationships with a range of industry, e-purchasing and government partners ensuring the service remains relevant to professionals in the industry.